I'm not like that, my brain doesn't think like that. It was in the toolbox! Maybe NOT exactly where I had gotten it from BUT in the toolbox none the less. We are complete opposites. Sometimes that is a good thing and other times we end up arguing for 45 minutes about the silliest things. One thing is for certain, I'm stubborn and he's pig-headed.
So this little incidence got me thinking. So what is my organization style? To let you know what it is like right now...I have piles (don't mess with my piles...I know where everything is!) It dawned on me, I live in creative chaos, so why not make my organization style creative minus the chaos. So here's the plan.
- Make a plan - Since my whole house needs to be organized, I'm going to break down this colossal project into bite size projects.
- Start small - I tend to get discouraged and say "To hell with it!" or "I'll do it tomorrow!" Completing a smaller project will give me the encouragement and confidence to keep going.
- Schedule time to organize. I get sidetracked or preoccupied easily (it's part of the procrastinator's arsenal) and then it won't get done.
- Hold myself accountable - so I'm going to post the plan here and you all can ask me...nudge me...nag me about this project. If I tell my husband he'll expect it ALL to be done in a day, I'll get stubborn, dig in my heels and...'yeah' not conducive to a successful completion.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY...Do it "MY" way - Creative & Functional, no more needs to be said.